Illingworth & Rodkin conducts a wide variety of environmental noise and vibration studies including local transportation projects, residential, industrial, recreation, and commercial noise and vibration impact assessments. To assess environmental noise and vibration impacts, we perform field investigations, develop and analyze data, and utilize noise modeling techniques. We evaluate noise impacts and mitigation by applying methodology and criteria recommended by state, local, and federal agencies, including local jurisdictions, State DOTs, Federal Highway Administration (FHWA), and the Federal Transit Administration (FTA). We also interpret local noise elements and ordinances to establish noise significance thresholds under CEQA, prepare technical reports, and make recommendations for clients.
- Federal and State required Environmental Impact Studies (EIS/EIR/IS/EA)
- Noise and vibration assessments for transportation, residential, commercial, industrial, energy, recreational and construction projects
- Noise impact studies including development of noise mitigation in accordance with Federal and State guidelines and standards
- Noise Study Report (NSR) analysis and documentation
- Noise Ordinance compliance
- Long and short term noise monitoring
- Design of noise barriers and enclosures and development of alternative noise reduction methods